Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beyonce Fires Manager Father Mathew Knowles


Papa Knowles is out as the puppeteer behind the hit career of his pop powerhouse daughter, singer Beyonce Knowles.

Beyonce’s publicist, Yvette Noel-Schure, broke the news in a statement to The Associated Press on Monday. Mathew Knowles helped kickstart his daughter’s career as a teen in the groundbreaking girl group, Destiny’s Child, and oversaw her rise to international celebrity as a solo artist. He even managed her successful fashion career and shephered her through a lead role in the hit Austin Powers comedy Goldmember, Cadillac Records, and the Academy Award-winning Dreamgirls. The duo have been the subject of rumors of strife ever since Mathew split from Beyonce’s mom Tina after 30 years of marriage and fathered a son with a Los Angeles woman.

Beyonce stressed her devotion to her father on a personal level in a statement, but did not give a reason for the split: “I’ve only parted ways with my father on a business level. He is my father for life and I love my dad dearly. I am grateful for everything he has taught me.”

Mathew also got personal in a statement of his own: “We did great things together, and I know that she will continue to conquer new territories in music and entertainment. Business is business and family is family. I love my daughter and am very proud of who she is and all that she has achieved. I look forward to her continued great success.”

Former Child of Destiny Kelly Rowland parted with Knowles as her manager in 2009. Fellow ex-bandmate Michelle Williams followed a year later. For now, Knowles says he is going to focus on Music World Entertainment’s remaining roster of artists, including Trin-i-tee 5:7, Brian Courtney Wilson, Juanita Bynum, Micah Stampley, Vanessa Bell Armstrong, Pastor Rudy, and younger daughter Solange Knowles.

No word if Beyonce’s superstar businessman husband, Jay-Z, will take over the reins of running her career.
The star is presently working on the follow-up to 2008′s I Am … Sasha Fierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment