Sunday, July 24, 2011

Celebrities Pay Their Tributes to Amy Winehouse


We’re still incredibly shocked and saddened by the news that Amy Winehouse has tragically passed away at the age of 27. Her record label, Universal Island, have just released a statement confirming the sad news. Monte and Avery Lipman, President and CEO, Co-President of Universal Republic Records, said, “We are deeply saddened at the sudden loss of such a gifted musician, artist and performer. Our prayers go out to Amy’s family, friends and fans at this difficult time.”

The talented but troubled singer was a truly unique talent, and her incredible voice and powerful songs will never be forgotten.

Amy Winehouse first arrived on them music scene in 2003 with her debut album Frank, the record found great critical success and was nominated for a Mercury Music Prize. But it was with her follow-up album, Back To Black, in 2006 that Amy really came to the attention of the music-loving public. With soulful, heart breaking lyrics combined with Amy’s powerful and beautiful vocals, Back To Black was a major commercial and critical triumph, and Amy became an international star and musical force to be reckoned with. Amy’s talent was recognised with several major awards, and she became the first ever British singer to win five Grammys, and she also received a Brit Award and three Ivor Novello Awards.

In recent years Amy’s achievements in music have been overshadowed by her troubled personal life and her problems with addiction.

We’ll remember Amy for her incredible, irreplaceable talent. If you’d like to take a minute to remember Amy and leave a tribute to her, please comment below.
Rest in peace, Amy.

Kelly Osbourne: “i cant even breath right my now im crying so hard i just lost 1 of my best friends. i love you forever Amy & will never forget the real you!”

Mark Ronson: “she was my musical soulmate & like a sister to me. this is one of the saddest days of my life”

Demi Moore: “Truly sad news about Amy Winehouse. My heart goes out to her family. May her troubled soul find peace”

Katy Perry: “RIP Amy Winehouse. May she finally find peace”

Rihanna: “Dear God have mercy!!! I am SICK about this right now! #Dear Amy

“I am genuinely heartbroken about this. #DearAmy

“U made a MAJAH impression on this industry and throughout the world, in such a short space of time…too short! #ICONSneverDIE”

Ellie Goulding: “RIP Amy Winehouse. An incredible talent. I am really sad and sort of angry”

Nadine Coyle: “Amy Winehouse passing is so tragic. A lesson to us all that life is so precious. Enjoy every moment, take care of you & each other. Xx”

Phillip Schofield: “Just heard the sad news that Amy Winehouse has died. At only 27 what a terrible waste of a great talent. Sincere condolences to her family.”

Dita Von Teese: “She was the closet thing we have ever had to Billie Holiday, she was a true soulful talent. I’m so sad. I hope she is at peace.

“Devastated. I spent extraordinary times with Amy. She sang for me once for hours, it was the most beautiful& touching thing. A huge loss.”

Myleene Klass: “OMG. Amy Winehouse. Exceptional talent and a really nice lady. RIP”

Demi Lovato: “Amy Winehouse.. So sad. Unfortunately the world lost an incredibly talented woman to such a powerful disease… addiction. #RIP”

Jackie Collins: “So sad to hear that the fabulouse Amy Winehouse has died. She was an amazing talent…”

Ricky Martin: “i just found out. I feel pain. I feel anger. Rest beautiful girl rest. You are free!”

Emma Bunton: ““Such sad news about Amy Winehouse. My thoughts are with her family.”

Jessica Alba: “So sad about Amy Winehouse -she was so talented. Really tragic.”

Stephen Fry: “”Oh lord. Just heard the news of Amy Winehouse’s death. Poor unhappy creature.”

Leann Rimes: ““RIP Amy Winehouse. So sad to see such a talent gone and her life end in tragedy. This makes me terribly sad.”

Selena Gomez: “Amy Winehouse died?! I was dancing to Valerie last week,you serious? See how drugs kill people? R.I.P”

Kian Egan: “So sad to hear about Amy. Such sad news. What a terrible loss to the world.”

Mick Hucknell: “”The finest female singer Britain has ever produced by a long, long way.Such a tragic waste.. will dedicate a song to her tonight. RIP.”

Ronnie Wood: “It’s a very sad loss, of a very good friend, I spent many great times with.”

Kelly Clarkson posted an entended tribute to Amy on her website. She wrote, “I heard the news about Amy Winehouse. I’m incredibly sad. I didn’t know her but I met her a few times and got to hear her sing before she blew up. She was a beautiful and talented girl. I’m angry. What a waste of a gifted person. What a shame she saw no hope and continued living her life in that manor. I have been that low emotionally and mentally and that is overwhelming. I keep asking myself why some of us are spared and the others are made examples. I’m very angry and sad. I don’t know why it’s bothering me so much. Sometimes I think this job will be the death of us all, or at least the emotional death of us all. Maybe that is why as a little kid in sunday school I learned that God didn’t want false gods or idols. I thought it was terribly selfish of God as a child but I think I get it now. He didn’t want us following people or things that are imperfect and not so much for the followers but for the gods and/or idols who will never be what everyone wishes or needs them to be because we are made imperfect. He knew we wouldn’t be able to handle the pressure, the shame, the glory, or the power the spotlight brings. I am distraught. I am also extremely grateful and thankful for the people who love me and support me. Without such amazing friends and family who knows where I’d be. My thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family. I am so sorry for your loss. I pray for peace in your hearts.”

Managers at Amy’s local pub, The Hawley Arms in Camden said they were “devastated, she was a great friend”.

No comments:

Post a Comment