Friday, July 22, 2011

James Franco And Ahna O'Reilly Split


James Franco and his actress girlfriend Ahna O'Reilly have ended their five year long relationship.

The 33-year-old actor, writer, director, performance artist, painter and student tells the August issue of Playboy that he is single now, perhaps because his relentless pursuit of education didn't go down well with Ahna.

"It's over," Franco tells the magazine. "We'd been living together in L.A. and then came to New York to go school for two years. Then I signed up for more school at Yale. I think that was it for her."

The actor has been pursuing multiple degrees in different disciplines – English (Ph. D) at Yale, film making in NYU, fiction writing in Brooklyn College, and occasionally commuting to North Carolina's Warren Wilson College for poetry. He has been accepted to the University of Houston for the doctoral (PhD) program in literature and creative writing and plans to enroll in fall 2012.

"I go to school because I love being around people who are interested in what I'm interested in and I'm having a great experience… I'm studying things that I love so it's not like it's a chore", he told the Washington Post,

Prior to 2006, Franco dated actress Marla Sokoloff whom he met in 2000 on set of Whatever It Takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment